Services Business Discovery
Because Every Client is Unique
Each organization has its own set of unique circumstances where our Personalized Business Assessment becomes an invaluable benchmark. Extended Results can design and implement a number of Business Intelligence Solutions for your unique business, including: generic Web service API / systems, data warehousing, the ability to standardize the communication/collection of management data, structured metadata-driven data collection and BI standards. The Extended Results approach is to propose Solution Discovery and Design phases. In this engagement, we partner with your teams to map out the current business and technical landscape, as well as review, identify and prioritize future state requirements. A detailed design document will provide an architectural and solution-based approach to roadmap from current business and technical challenges, as well as design guidelines for the future reporting solution for the business. This process can take anywhere from 3-30 days.
- Current State Business: Walk-through the current state of the business. What information do they support? What are the definitions used and how consistent / inconsistent are they across all systems? What are any other differences and gaps between the information within the systems?
- Existing Dashboards and Reports: What reports exist today? Where do they reside? How does the business use them? What usability issues exist, and what data is missing from the reports?
- Existing KPIs: What are the existing Performance Metrics / KPIs for the business? Is there a taxonomy and hierarchy of the KPIs? What are the thresholds of the KPIs and how are they defined? Where do the data points of the KPIs reside, and how frequently do they change?
- Current State Technical: Review and catalog the current systems including technical platform, schemas and data models.
- Future State Business: Dashboards and Reports – Identify and prioritize dashboard and report content, user experience and delivery requirements. What reports and dashboards need to be re-written and why? What new reports and dashboards need to be developed? How would we recommend these reports and dashboards be discovered and accessed by users in a mobile solution or web portal? How do these reports and dashboards map to the KPIs?
- Future State Business: KPIs – Identify and prioritize KPIs, taxonomy classifications, drilldown hierarchies, user experience and delivery requirements.
- Gap Analysis: The Gap Analysis will document the major functional
gaps between the "Current State" and "Future State". The Gap Analysis will include,
but not be limited to the following:
- Major Coaching / player management process gaps and the change management needed
- Major business process gaps and the change management needed
- Major operational, system gaps
- Major technology and technical infrastructure gaps
- Proposed Solution Architecture: Design approach for integrating the business data including ETL process, logical and physical models, business logic abstraction, security and permissions, presentation and visualization layer.
- Work Items: What are the work items required to deliver the proposed solutions? In what order should they be delivered? What is the effort involved to achieve the work items?
- Project Schedule and Cost Estimate: How can the work item backlog be delivered in a series of sprints? What time frame should they be delivered? How much would it cost to implement?
- High Level Proposed Strategy, Design and Solution Architecture:
The Design and Solution Architecture utilizes the Future State High Level Requirements
and Process Requirements and maps these to the following:
- Business Matrix: Documents the logical relationship between the business requirements and the logical data structure needed to support them.
- User experience design: Storyboards and mock-ups are utilized to iterate the design approach and User Experience for the Representative Scenarios Requirements and will include major user experience design elements and assumptions.
- Architecture approach and major component design documentation (Foundational Layer): Documents the technical design and approach for delivering the project including quality assurance and test strategy and approach, training and documentation deliverables.
- Tasks and Work Items: What are the work items required to deliver the proposed solutions? In what order should they be delivered? What is the effort involved to achieve the work items?
- End to End Solution Design Document including:
- Business application requirements
- Visualization design
- EDW design and architecture
- Wireframe and high resolution screen mockups and designs
- Test Plan for all development work including:
- Unit Test scope
- Functional Test scope
- Test Code Coverage scope
- Implementation Quality Control for triaging and prioritizing bugs and defects for the technical development scope
- Detailed Project Schedule: Plans the work items to be delivered in a series of prioritized sprints by resources required. Identifies the time frame to be delivered.